Monday, November 24, 2008

Vacation Entry 1

We'll see if I am able to do more....

Thursday we we left Wisconsin at 20 degrees. So, winter coats, hats, scarves and gloves to start the trip.

I got my driving directions from Rand McNally, because I figure, hey, they make maps, they know what they are doing. I couldn't hae been more wrong. Directions from my house to my BIL & SIL near St. Louis left off a KEY interstate to take, instead leaving me on I-90 going into Chicago. Now, there was also some construction at where I should've gotten onto I-39 (the road Rand McNally conveniently forgot to mention...) so there was some additional confusion, however, umm, omitting I-39 (which I should've taken for 100+ miles = one pissed mama and a real nice vocabulary lesson for the girls when we get almost into Chicago before realizing what was up. Yes, I had a feeling we were going the wrong way, but I was foolish and didn't listen to my gut. Until I saw the Schaumburg Castle. My exact words were, "Oh girls, look at that neat castle.... oh shit." And my language got worse from there. 2 - 2 1/2 hours of a detour but we eventually got to St. Loius.

Lot of fun in St. Louis Friday night with cousins, some yummy taco soup that I can't wait to make myself, then on to Owasso, OK to spend Saturday night with my uncle and aunt. More yummy food, silly dogs to play with, and some beautiful Christmas decorations up.

Sunday night we were with Janna from high school at he new house in Clovis. Fun chatting, unpacking, playing, and then this morning we headed to La Luz - my in-laws' new place. So far we've seen the pond and the spring-fed creek, checked out the tractor, and palyed Candyland (Pony Corn accordig to Lauren).

Off to eat yummy new mexican food..... :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh MAN, I would be so mad!! I'm glad you got there safely at least. One time my brother was driving to Utah with a friend and fell asleep, and when he woke up they were in Arizona (you do not go through AZ when driving from NM to UT). He was so mad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)