Friday, November 7, 2008

Deep breath

Tonight's been one of those nights where I feel like all I've done is yell at the girls. Seriously, my throat kinda hurts because of how loud I've been, and my ears are ringing from how loud they've been. We've been rather manic tonight - so incredibly peaceful one moment, then *BOOM* IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! MY SISTER LOOKED AT ME WRONG!

Okay, maybe I'm exagerating a bit, but really, a night of relaxing was not even a possibility tonight. Tomorrow will be better.

Did I mention that my ears are ringing?

Maybe a few pictures of calmer days will help... finger-painting is serious business in our house, and when a 2 year old gets dressed all on her own, don't be surprised to find a nightgown underneath two, yes, TWO sundresses. Also, when camping, too-long nightgowns really make for the best hikes!



3 comments:

  1. oh, one of those days! Those days suck. BUT they make the next day even sweeter (if it goes well!) I hope today is a better day! Girls are just drama! Seriously, I get it! "she looked at me", "she breathed at me" blah blah blah. They would fight over air if it occurred to them!

    LOVE the pics
    and nightgowns rule

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh....I know about those days. I call those my "mommy monster" days. sometimes you just wanna SHAKE them. But you don't, of course. I feel you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaotic and them calm....isn't that what motherhood is all about?! ...I don't know because I'm not a Mom. But reading the first part of your blog I was feeling stressed about the screaming, and then just completely calm by the end looking at your girls and their artwork!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)