Thursday, November 6, 2008

my coke vent and rainbows

So maybe my desire to vent is cyclical? Or maybe I'm just a crabby patty. I will get to some sunshine too, but mostly this is a whine.

First, Fridays at work are jeans day. To me, jeans day is kinda sacred. Mess with jeans day and I get pissy. So guess what inner-office e-mail went out today? That our new client, Pepsi, will be in the office tomorrow, so business attire is required. Really, to think that our clients can't see us being a fairly typical office and having casual Firday kinda ticks me off. Especially since the clients have yet to walk to the back of the building and wander through our cubicles.

But whatever, it gets worse. In the same e-mail, "by the way, effective tomorrow we are a "COKE-free" workplace." As in, any Coke products were removed from our vending machine and replaced with Pepsi products. I don't like soda, so that really doesn't effect me. Except that the powers-that-be seem to think that our client is so immature they will flake out to learn that some of us prefer the soda their competitor makes or they are so worried about making a good impression that maybe our company kinda sucks and we have to rely on bribing our clients by appearing to use their products exclusively. Either way, it seems to me to be insulting to our client and disrespectful to the employees. So I'm stopping at the store to buy a can of COKE to have sit on my desk all day. I might even carry it to lunch and eat next to it.

I debated wearing a denim skirt, too, but decided against that this time.

In brighter news, it rained all day today, so when I left work there was a HUGE double rainbow, I could see where it began on the horizon and where it ended on the horizon. Seemed almost like I would drive right through it. It's been awhile since I've seen a real rainbow, and I'm not sure I've ever seen one so big from end to end.

And, I am planning on taking the girls on a morning hike Saturday morning. Nothing big, but the nature preserve up the road is fun. Maybe a picnic breakfast to eat up in the tower. I'm getting excited. It may be snowing, but we've got big coats.

2 comments:

  1. I say if you are going to bring a coke to work, you might as well wear jeans! Seriously that sucks. I would be super mad too if I wasn't able to have my casual Friday.

    And ranting is good. Nothing wrong with ranting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The, I might take it to lunch and sit by it part, ROCKED!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)