Friday, May 21, 2010

maybe I wish it wasn't the weekend

aren't weekends supposed to be when you relax? they should be. but when 2 little girls have a dance recital on Saturday, and company comes next weekend, and there's end-of-the-school-year goings on, and I'm subbing both Tuesday and Thursday next week (that I need to prep for), we'll be lucky to get a load of diapers washed, let alone sit and relax for a few hours.

oh, and I suppose the recital could be a bit relaxing, except I have helium hand syndrome. Ever heard of it? It's where, whenever some group needs a volunteer, those that suffer from hhs cannot keep from raising that hand. So I am stage mama for both of my daughter's classes. Not just one class, but both. Because the girls are in different recitals. The powers that be think it's good for siblings to watch siblings perform. They work really hard to make sure that big sis can watch little sis, and vice versa. so, we will be at the college auditorium at 9:45, for Lauren's 10am recital, ready for Aubrey's 2pm recital. and, if they pass out surveys about the recitals, you can bet I'll be letting them know that ONE recital would be less stressful for those parents (grandparents, doting aunts) that have more then one child performing. fortunately, there's no cost to watch the recital. unfortunately, they sell dvd's. $36 a pop. $72 if I want each of their recitals. ha. hahaha.

blogging cut short... whining 4 year old is having a meltdown....

1 comment:

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)