Saturday, June 5, 2010

another year older

Last week I celebrated my golden birthday, and I'm excited to be beginning my fourth decade. :-)

My big birthday gift is a chicken coop. Don't have it yet, but it should be done when we get back from our Wisconsin trip, then I'll get me some hens!

And, once that happens, instead of paying to go to the zoo, I might just start selling tickets for people to come to our zoo! But I've been thinking about chickens for awhile, and I am very excited.

In other news, Andy (and the laptop) were in Arizona for 5 days. Andy (and the laptop) got back today. Andy (and the laptop) were sorely missed. Andy keeps asking if I'm done on the computer. I keep saying "almost," all the while thinking, 'dude, 5 days without the computer. f i v e d a y s. I've got some catching up to do. Oh, and honey, I missed you, too. I promise.' No really, I missed Andy much, much more than I missed the computer, of course. And I'm glad they are both back. :-)
check out how the wind is blowing Aubrey's hair. And how the wind ain't doing a thing to Lauren's 'fluffy bun.' Mama and the hairspray developed a very close relationship on recital day.
And here is Aubrey not dancing. Silly girl, cute costume.

If it worked, here's one of Lauren's recital performances. She's watching her teacher off stage, even though she knows the dance, and I'm pretty sure she was told "stay on the orange X."


3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Chickens sound fun, especially the EGGS. Your girls are cute. Love their outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!

    5 days without a laptop, I would be just as excited as you for it's return, LOL!

    The girls are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that awesome! i LOVE dance recital's. i have many fond memories of my and my cousin Nikki participating in them. love the outfits the most!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)