Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My internet conection is having a bad day. Crappiness. Hopefully it's worked the kinks out, it's annoying to have to reconnect every few minutes.

I've been slipping into crappy mood, by the way. Nothing to do with internet connectivity. I'm pretty sure it has to do with human connectivity. I don't have many friends here yet, and the ones I do have are not very close friends. Yet. I'm working on it. In the mean time, I've been the crappy, snippy version of myself lately. Deep breaths. It will get better.

And, I really, really miss my Wisconsin friends (in part, for sure, due to the lack of close friendships here). So the girls and I will spend a week or two up there this summer. I am very excited. I have a mental list of who we'll see, what we'll do. Need to make sure the most important folks will be around, and coordinate where to sleep when. :-) This completely scraps my plans for a west coast-ish wild and crazy roadtrip. And I'm cool with that. Wisconsin is the place both Aubrey and Lauren remember as home, so I want to keep them connected to that place and 'our people' there.

And, on the Sashafront, that girl is crawling everywhere. Everywhere. But she doesn't really like being on her knees, so it's an interesting scootish crawl, using her feet almost as much as her knees. She finally likes food, but it took over 8 months. And Cheerios. I delayed and delayed introducing a grain, for health reasons, but as soon as I gave in and gave her a Cheerio, now she's much more intrigued by food of any kind.

Oh, and the peaches. Millions of peaches. Peaches for me. Millions of peaches. Peaches for free. (Sorry, couldn't resist) The drive up into Aubrey's school parking lot is lined on one side with peach trees. We picked some of the yummiest, juiciest peaches I've ever had Saturday, and may go pick more again.

This weekend I'll be getting my composting worms. I'm very excited. Am I crazy to be excited about getting worms? Don't answer that. Anyway, they'll live in a big rubbermaid bin on the patio, and will be well fed, eating almost all our kitchen scraps. I heare they also like junk mail... so we'll try that, too. :-)

1 comment:

  1. you seriously crack me up!!!

    so does that mean a trip to Colorado is not in your near future?

    mmm peaches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)