Thursday, May 13, 2010

"Taylor the Latte Boy"

Have you heard this song? It's been around, but I haven't heard it until recently. Oh it cracks me up. I think I love Kristin Chenoweth. "Who'd have thought love could be so caffeinated?" hahahaha

Did I mention my bruised tailbone? It's been bruised for, oh, 2 months now. I have no idea how I bruised it, and it hurts all the time. Makes me feel bad for people with chronic pain, because this is mild, and really, it's not all the time. Just whenever I go to get up from sitting, or re-situate myself while sitting. Getting out of the car after a long drive sucks. Royally.

I've lost count of how many people have told me Sasha looks like a doll. Really, some have thought I was one of those ladies who carries around the life-like dolls. I have no problem with people choosing to do that - it doesn't hurt me, and if it makes them happy, then so be it. But, I happen to bring a real baby shopping. And, I have to wonder how many people think I'm one of those and that Sasha is one of those and they see us in passing and don't say a thing. Maybe all the grins I get from other shoppers are the, "Oh my, look at that lady, bringing a doll to the store, treating it like a baby. Just smile and keep walking. KEEP WALKING!" grins, versus your normal, everyday "Hello!" grin. Hmm. I'll never smile back at a fellow shopper the same again. ;-)

I've been readingThe Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel, and I like them! Classified as "teen fantasy." And I was about to tell you that it's a series of 3, but I was wrong. It's a series of 6, the 4th of which comes out later this month. Crapola. Because I thought I was about to finish the 3rd and be done. I hate reading series as they are released. Drove me crazy with Harry Potter. Driving me crazy with Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet. Loved that I didn't read Twilight until this past fall - I was able to read the entire series in a months' time. Anyway, back to the books. I was drawn in by "Nicholas Flamel" - he was in Harry Potter. And he really did exist. And, apparently, his grave is empty. Sophie and Josh are twins that turn out to have some awesome powers. When they meet up with Flamel, they then end up meeting all sorts of cool, famous people throughout history (really, most of the characters did exist) that some way or another became immortal and have been living among us all these centuries (or decades, or millenia). Lots of destruction, mythical and mystical creatures, glowing auras. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. But crap, I have to exercise my patience in finishing this series.

1 comment:

  1. Is the Nicolas Flamel book written by JK Rowling?? If not, isn't that some sort of copyright infringement? Interesting. Oh wait. I just finished that paragraph (I started writing my comment as soon as I saw the name of the book). Nevermind. I thought Rowling made him up.

    Have you heard the original recording of Wicked? She played Glinda (Chenoweth) and man is she hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)