Monday, December 8, 2008

Winter has begun

Forget what the calender tells you. It's winter here. 23 degrees as I type this. Light wintry mix expected today. Oh, and there's already over 6 inches of compacted snow on the ground. Let the hibernation begin. :-)

I've got plans to bake some cookies, put laundry away, track down several tasty recipes (have you ever had brandied peaches? heavenly!), and vacuum, as well as, umm, work to get paid. Hopefully not too many snow-shoveling interuptions, but we'll deal with what comes and see how the day pans out.

Happy Monday to YOU! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Snow is wonderful, until it gets in your way! ...which happens just about everytime that it does snow.

    We were in the mid 60's yesterday, today in the 30's-and well it is suppose to start snowing ANY mintue now. But thankfully only 2-4inches, and the 3 inches we got last week, is pretty much already all gone.

    What kind of cookies?!

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try bizcochitos. :-) I've never made them before, so this is a test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's SNOWING right now. I love snow before Christmas! I'm spending the day wrapping presents for my husband (it's his birthday), making egg rolls and fried rice and birthday cake. Oh, and cleaning the house. It's been an exhausting day! But I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)