Monday, December 8, 2008

no pictures, but descriptions WAIT, now there's pictures!














So, first, I replied to any questions about baking soda and vinegar as a comment to my original post. :-)

But, my real reason to post was because April wanted to see pictures of what I made for Jaimie.


It's a beaded garland-like strand with several mini clothes pins attached at intervals - to hang photos or children's art or bits of inspiration, or whatever..... it's maybe 3 feet long, with hook-like bits on either end. I picture it hung from side to side on a wall, but it could just as easily be hung up and down. I used beads in shades of aqua and shades of red. I know the color combination sounds weird, but it looks really great. Don't believe me, click here. I so want to have my kitchen be aqua and red.

I can't take all (or even most of) the credit for this - my cool Aunt Val made me one (pictured below) and I so totally copied her idea.
Crafty folk in my life be warned, I may copy your cool ideas. I'll give you credit, though. And I'll give you permission to copy any cool ideas I may come up with.
And, my camera doesn't truly capture the way these colors work together, but I love it!

2 comments:

  1. I love it. Thanks Rachel for sharing. That is a really cool idea!

    Red and blue, so pretty too. One of my favorite color combinations is purple and green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE. that is awesome. I'm so doing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)