Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Loads of thoughts are rambling through my head.

First, as I was writing about the childrens book we are currently loving, I thought to myself, wouldn't it be great for my kids to have some penpals?

Nothing fancy (or elaborate or spendy), but my girls would love to get a postcard, letter, anything, from anyone. So, anyone interested in a penpal opportunity? I envision sending postcards from Wisconsin with little bits of info about Wisconsin and our lives, a drawing and some fun stickers we found, stuff like that.

I can't devot loads of time to this project, my initial goal would be to send one mailing a month (one mailing per penpal) in hopes of receiving one mailing back from each penpal. Let me know if this interests you, and we'll work it out.

Second, I want to do a little earthy giveaway, based on green things we do, so get your thinking cap on and start thinking about all the little things you do to help mama earth. I know one of the items will be a string bag - I love them, but got 5 in the set, and never use that many. Hey, I am a proud re-gifter. It's all about being green, you know. I'm trying to think of another one or few items I could include. Anyway, start thinking (if you might want to enter, that is!) and I'll try to get my booty in gear.

Third, any new years resolutions or goals for you? I've been exploring my personal faith and relationship with God, and know that this bit of exploration I am on needs to intensify into the new year, but I'm not willing to elaborate too much on that right now. Any plans to lose weight are, of course, tabled. After the holidays I crave healthy food, so I am hoping to milk that for all it's worth well into 2009. Family goals of eliminating some of our debt (well, all of it, but we're being realistic here). And I want to strive to be less lazy about cleaning up the house.

That's all for now, I am exhausted and want to read a bit before I fall asleep. I hope you had a great New Year's Eve and that the new year is one of your best!

4 comments:

  1. I think penpals would be fun, but neither of my kids can write yet. Does that matter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't matter at all - I'll probably do most of our writing, anyway. For us, it'll be more baout sending and receiving mail, and learning little bits about other people and places. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. penpals sound fun! Can I be a penpal? I can also nominate my friends kids-My friend Tina in FL has 2 boys, ages 9 and 7. and my cousin Kari also has 2 boys, ages 12 and 7. I think Tina would be more likely to do it, I know her boys LOVE getting stuff in the mail.

    A green give away, I love it!

    Definitely lose weight, and definitely down size debt!, they are my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the penpal idea. Everyday my girls ask if there is anything in the mail for them. You can find my info at my blog www.mayangelstar.com or email me at mayangelstar [at] gmail [dot] com.

    My goals for the new year, are pretty similar to yours, except I need to lose the baby weight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)