Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snowed in

No, not really. It takes an insane amount of snow for Wisconsinites to be snowed in. But I'd like to be snowed in. I'm mentally snowed in. Does that make sense? Anyway, I would love to let the girls sleep in tomorrow, have hot chocolate with breakfast and just be for the day, but since that is highly unlikely to happen, I will settle for drowning in beads tonight instead. Not the same, but incredibly satisfying. That's where I've been off and on since I posted pictures of my bead project. I'm loving all the pretty glass beads I've found. Each garland I make, I say, oh, this is my favorite! and then I put several next to eachother and can't pick a favorite.

Good thing my current craft is suited to doing in front of the TV, because Hallmark and LMN are my two favorite channels right now, I flip from one to the other, cheesy made-for-TV Christmas movie after cheesy made-for-TV Christmas movie. I LOVE them all!

We had our cookie exchange at work yesterday, and mmmmm, I brought home some goodies! My favorite - the corn flake wreaths. I know they are so simple, but I love them. Did I ever tell you I can eat an entire pan of rice krispies in an afternoon and clean up the mess with no one in the house ever knowing they were even made? No wonder the corn flake wreaths are my favorite, huh?

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday preparations as much as we are!

3 comments:

  1. your rice krispie comment made me laugh out loud. those are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cookies are great things! ...that's a cool trick you have about rice crispies!

    on a side note, you were in my dream last night, and you were pregnant! ...it was a really weird dream. were in albuquerque-in your parents house(I think) is that where your bridal shower was? you were ironing. that's all i really remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel! I'm "snowed in" in Virginia today! Basically though, I'm avoiding the gym. Found your blog on April's blog, and here I am! Hope your new year is wonderful, and congrats on the pregnancy! We're hoping for that for us this year too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)