Monday, October 6, 2008

sick folk

We are a house of sickies right now. Poor Aubrey's got it the worst, and Lauren and I are both feeling it. Andy is, too, but he pushed himself to get to work this morning. I'm hoping he'll be home early.

Our weekend was full of resting, trying to get over the sickies. And I also spent a long evening helping my Jaimie get her new apartment somewhat settled. She's leaving her husband, and I so wanted to talk to her about that and everything that goes along with it, but her children (not from this marraige) and her step-son, along with assorted friends of the kids, were always around, so real adult conversation will wait. I was able to help with the unpacking a little bit, though, and I threw together a big pot a vegetable soup for people to eat when they got hungry, because I knew otherwise it would be a late trip to McD's for something less-then-healthy and $$$ - I've moved too many times in my life to not know how that works!

This weekend fall seemed to hit with a vengence. So Sunday morning Aubrey and I snuck away to Goodwill (this was when Aubrey's energy was good and she seemed like she was mostly better, and the puking hadn't yet hit!). I love that store. Anyway, I made sure Aubrey took it easy still - sitting in the cart for part of the trip, lots of trips to the water fountain. We found her several cute pairs of pants and some long sleeved shirts that I wouldn't let her not get. I found a pair of jeans and a super cute black skirt I can wear to work. No luck on shirts for me, that'll be another day. We also found Aubrey's wings for Halloween - she wants to be a fairy - and Lauren's cowboy hat, because she wants to be a cowboy. "No, not a cowgirl, me be a cowboy!" I also found (but didn't buy) assorted things to decorate the house. See, I was on a budget (even at Goodwill) and the house I was mentally decorating is the house several states away, that has yet to be found. I can't justify buying loads of cute things in Wisconsin only to put them in a box and haul them 1000+ miles away, you know?

I hope you had a great weekend. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Back to NM, or close to it. Probably not anytime soon, with the economy crumbling all over the place, but we've got the house on the market and Andy's looking for jobs out there. We've enjoyed being "on our own" for awhile and want to be near family now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)