Thursday, October 30, 2008

A few of my favorite things....

Tea. Hot tea. It's gotta be herbal. Well, actually, it's gotta be Tazo Calm.
I often enjoy other varieties of tea, but my favorite tea by far is Tazo Calm. Subtle, light, refreshing, heavenly. I don't lie. I could drink it all day long. And sometimes I do. It's very similar to Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea, but a bit more grown up.

Another of my favorite things lately has been the NPR series of essays This I Believe. Anyone, anyone, can write an essay (I'm not sure how the submission process works) and it may end up in this series. Browsing their essays, I can spend hours clicking from one to another to another. It's amazing and inspiring, the varieties of "voices" featured. Really, though, I love anything on NPR's website these days. Except all the politics. I can't wait for November 6th.

Another of my favorite things is the legal pad I keep sitting on my desk at work. I don't like working, and wish I could be home with my girls, playing, creating, enjoying everyday things. But, since right now I need to work, I have my pad. List after list after list gets written. Things I need to do when I get home, things we want to do on the weekend, craft projects (that, admittedly, wouldn't get done even if I were home) that I think would be so cool, items to pack for our Thanksgiving roadtrip to New Mexico, and, always, groceries.

5 comments:

  1. Why Nov. 6th, and not Nov. 5th?

    I have a pad at work too! I like to plan out things. ...schedules, things to do, and yes always groceries.

    Be safe on your road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. November 6th because November 5th, it'll still be all over the news. I'm hoping that November 6th we can get back to normal! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you work? I didn't know you worked. Are you full time?

    My friend just submitted something to NPR, I'm not sure if it was that "believe" one but something like that and she said it was really hard, lots of guidelines and stuff.

    How long is the drive from Wisconsin to NM? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work at my husband's company (not his like he owns it, just his cause he was there first) - I'm working about 25 hours a week right now, to try and get caught up on some bills. Ehh, boring data entry stuff, but it does help pay the bills, and my best friend has a daycare, so the girls are at a place I know well, and she's really undercharging me - such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever had Tension Tamer? I love that one. So relaxing. I think I'll have a cup of that tonight! Thanks for the comment on our blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)