Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Can't argue the logic

Listening to NPR on the way home from work, the topic is the upcoming election. Shocking, huh? Anyway, a gentleman with a very heavy (unidentifiable to me) accent very eloquently said that the dems exploit everyone but Americans, while the republicans exploit everyone incuding Americans. And that he won't vote for Obama because of the democrats history, not apologizing for this thing or the other. And that he wants to vote for Nader, but if the election is close in Wisconsin, he'll vote McCain because if McCain wins, he'll push us past the breaking point so bad that we (Americans) will finally see the problems and seek the necessary changes. Hahahahaha. I so can't argue with him. He thinks there are some things wrong with our country. Who doesn't. But to have the balls to say "let's elect the guy who'll screw us over the most, so maybe then we'll learn." I laughed out loud. I've been laughing out loud. And I still can't argue with him. He's one smart dude.

*one smart dude does not necessarily express the views and opinions of this author, he just makes her laugh.

Maybe you are left scratching your chin, thinking I've lost my marbles. If that's the case, then let's just say it was funnier in person. Or that I've lost my marbles. Really, it could go either way.

3 comments:

  1. This made me laugh too! I suppose you can't really argue. Except why would we want it to get worse before it gets better?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me laugh too! Not sure I agree, but it DID make me laugh. I think it helps if things get worse before they get better because then people are truly motivated to change. That's why I was so against the bail out. Americans work hard when they have to, not when things come easy. By giving the morons who bought a $500k house when they couldn't afford it a new mortgage for $300k, they're not teaching anybody anything but to keep making bad decisions.

    Sorry for the diatribe, I was just trying to answer April's question! (although maybe it was rhetorical, and in that case, sorry again).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your stories! I went to the Obama rally today in Denver. They are estimating over 100,000 people were there. I didn't get to physically see him. I had a kid on her dad's shoulders take a picture for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)