Monday, March 1, 2010

My March 1st Resolution

I commented to Andy last night that the past few times I've talked with my mom, she's been a little off. I joked that maybe she wasn't enjoying what I was talking about.

Andy replies with, "Well you do complain an awful lot. Maybe she's tired of hearing you complain."

My gut reaction was denial, then I wanted to (but didn't) say, "WTH??? How dare you say something like that!"

But after a deep breath, I knew that he spoke the truth, because Andy is incapable of lying. Seriously. Never ask him if your new jeans make you look skinny, or how he likes your new haircut (*ahem* he teased someone for close to a decade that her forehead was huge, she went and got bangs, and he said, "eh, you look better without bangs."). He's not trying to be mean, or even funny. He can't help it.

Anyway, so I'm resolving to be more positive, and complain less.

2 comments:

  1. I REALLY hate it when someone points out a character flaw that I despise in other people but can't deny I have it myself. Way to go for recognizing it and changing! That's better than I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why is so much easier to be negative than to be positive? we can point out the wrongs so much easier, but we have to truly think about the rights. i know it is hard, believe me. good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)