Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ah, the library

I love the library!

We try to go every Wednesday for storytime (skipped today, though, because of an awful cough that hasn't yet gone away).

I logged on to the library today to renew a book, and I learned that so far, in 2010, I've saved $294 by borrowing rather than buying. At this rate, I'll save $1200 for the year. That justifies a shopping spree, don't you think? ;-)

The book I renewed is Michael Pollan's The Botany of Desire. Interesting stuff. And now I want to learn more about the real Johnny Appleseed. (When googling the book to create the link, I learned that pbs made a documentary based on the book. Have I told you lately that I love pbs?)

What are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving PBS too, weird.

    I'm reading the 6th book in the Ranger's apprentice series. Pretty okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the library too! it's the ONLY way to go! i'm reading "best friends forever" by jennifer weiner. i really like her books, and so far this book is just ok. it's slow moving, and the plot really not realistic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)