Wednesday, February 24, 2010

No way

It snowed here!

While you may have been lead to believe that I hate snow, I don't. It only appeared that way because winter in Wisconsin is way too long.

In Texas, snow is great. GREAT. Because it melts. Quickly.

We got 3 1/2 inches. School closed early. Built a snowman.* Had a snowball fight. School started late this a.m., which was completely unnecessary, but much appreciated! And, as I type this, I can see my grassy lawn.

*Mr. Snowman was apparently poorly constructed. While waiting for Aubrey to grab a carrot from the fridge, he tipped right over.

3 comments:

  1. awesome! we got some of that same snow here--snowed all morning, but it's all melted now. that's the best kind. we built a snowman too...out of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun! my cousin Nikki who lives in College Station, TX blogged about the same thing. we've had snow on the ground since Sunday (which was the last time it snowed here).

    on another note, and to comment on a comment you put on my blog about your engagement in las vegas. i'm not too sure how i know this?, but i know your proposal story. something along the lines of you kept asking andy if you looked ok, and he kept saying no. and he finally got down on one knee and said that you were missing this ...the ring! good story, i like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)