Monday, March 8, 2010

and about the angels

We've all been fighting a cold... lots of coughing going on around here.

Friday night Andy, Sasha & I were laying in bed, watching a movie. (Inglorious Basterds - we loved it)

Andy started coughing, and couldn't stop, so he got up, hoping that he could clear out. He couldn't. He kept coughing, not doing much breathing.

Then he fell. Backwards. Stiff as a board, didn't bend his knees, twist around to try to stop his fall, nothing. All 240-ish pounds. Boom.

He blacked out. Didn't know he had fallen until he saw me, above him, with panic written all over my face.

He is fine, thank God. His head hit the side of the bed, scraping his neck along the bed frame. If he had fallen a few inches closer to the bed, I'm afraid he could've broken his neck. If he'd fallen a few inches farther from the bed, his head would've broken his fall.

The scariest moment of my life. I feel really lucky that I can say that, seeing as he's fine. (In lots of pain, bruised up a bit, but fine)

3 comments:

  1. oh. my. gosh. SO SCARY. I cannot even imagine! I'm so glad he's okay! Dave once choked on a pill (he has a really small esophagus) when Isaac was just a baby and I was a total wreck, trying to figure out how to do the heimlich because he's so much bigger than me, and he finally pounded his back against the countertop and it came out. It was terrifying. Ever since then he chews his pills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's super scary! i'm glad all is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gotten a pill stuck in my throat before and I had to throw myself against the counter to dislodge it-I was with Vance alone at the time. I am so glad you were WITH him and that he is okay!!! How freaky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)