Wednesday, February 10, 2010

the never ending list

today my to-do list seems rather intimidating. so instead of tackling it just yet, I'll bolog about it, spend some time on facebook, maybe e-mail my sister, you know, all the important things. :-)

- finish cutting and hole-punching inch worms for the girls' v-day cards

- make Lauren's birthday banner

- type up minutes from the last preschool board meeting

- get to library to return books (hopefully in time to enjoy story time)

- sweep and mop

- dust the blinds and other rarely-dusted things

- run dishwasher, empty dishwasher

- draw up plans for Lauren's cake - make sure we have all necessary ingredients

Really, the list isn't that bad. Because I'm not going to dust. And there's a 99% chance I won't sweep or mop. But I am really hesitant to start on Lauren's banner. I have what I need, I know what I'm doing, but I've never done it before. So I'm unsure. And since I'm unsure on one item on my list, my whole day is looking crazy. C.R.A.Z.Y.

In addition, I'm grieving another death in the family - Grandma's brother Jimmy passed away over the weekend. That's 3 out of 4 of those siblings dead in 3 months. More C.R.A.Z.Y. (and I mean no disrespect by only mentioning in passing about Jimmy dying - I'm only trying to preserve my sanity, as there's been too much death too quickly.)

And did I mention we got our new cat? He's black, and all the 2 leggeds in the house love him. The 4 leggeds are coming around. He remains nameless, because Lauren's suggestions of "Blackey Raisin" and "Snowflake" were vetoed. Along with my perfectly acceptable suggestions of "Morris" and "Dante," and Andy's suggestion of "Casey" (that one sounds too much like Daisy and the dog was getting confused) and Aubrey's suggestion of "Ed." We're tossing around "Felix" and "Merlin."

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, that type up minutes thing is on my list, only I had completely forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.

    I'm sorry about Jimmy. It's so odd how these things come in three's--it happened in my family too two years ago.

    Good luck with your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh to do lists - they are wonderful and horrible at the same time! just think of the feeling of accomplishment when you get to throw the list away! ...maybe that'll help motivate you?! and i can already tell you that Lauren's bday banner will be marvelous! so sad about Jimmy, i'm super sorry. i'll keep your family in my prayers.
    i love my black cat (Otis). i always look at people last names for cat name ideas. the first cat i ever got was a person's last name i saw on the ending credits of a movie - Zellmer. and just yesterday i saw the last name Tucker, and thought that would be a great cat name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lists start out that way too, and end with me checking off maybe 1 or 2 of the items. Prayers to your family on the passing of Jimmy. As for a name for the cat... Midnight?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)