Sunday, February 21, 2010

lazy sunday

Ugh, I'm sick. Again. Seems like I was just sick. Anyway, Andy's been really sweet, taking care of the girls and letting me rest as much as I can. He took Aubrey and Lauren to sonic for lunch today, while Sasha and I slept. He asked if I wanted anything. I said, with a hint of duh in my voice, strawberry limeade. Bless his heart, he must not follow my blog very faithfully. He came home with cherry limeade. Not bad, by any means, and I am really enjoying it. But it ain't strawberry limeade. :-)

I'm mentally planning a grand roadtrip for the summer. Me, my mother-in-law, and 3 girlies. We want to visit all the old folks we can, and stop to see younger ones along the way. Maybe detour out of the way to see some younger ones, as well, but we'll see. If we could do my dream roadtrip, we'd be stopping in or driving through TX, NM, AZ, CA, NV, ID, OR, WA, MT, WY, UT, CO. 6,500 miles - just destination to destination - that doesn't include sight-seeing miles. We would see upwards of 30 relatives, and have opportunities to see lots of friends. Kind of dizzying, but boy, it'd be a blast. A summer full of memories. I can't even begin to calculate how long we'd be gone.

Potstickers for dinner tonight. Not the frozen ones, but homemade. I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. so sorry you're sick! but i have to say, that road trip sounds awful to me. i don't love road trips, but especially with kids. yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel 100% soon. I've never had Sonic. I'll have to give it a try. I'm partial to strawberry drinks too :)

    I like the idea of seeing a ton of relatives but not doing all of that driving. I'm sure you'll have a blast and you're right, the memories will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bummer your sick. my mom was super sick this weekend too.

    that roadtrip sounds amazing! i've always wanted to something like that! any stops in Denver?! :) we could have super fun slumber party, and have Allison over! ...just an idea!

    how in the world do you make potstickers?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)