Thursday, April 2, 2009

Well nevermind then!

You know, yesterday, as I drove home from work, I thought of at least two things that made me say, “Oh, I should blog about this!” And then I picked up the girls, stopped at the house to get the crockpot of chili, get to church asap for Lenten dinner and service, back home, bathe girlies, help with homework, admire the mountain of dishes in the sink (and strategically add to said mountain), tell the bunnies they were extra stinky, and then I went to bed. And completely forgot what I wanted to blog about.

So, a blog about nothing is what I’ve got. But, as it turns out, sometimes I can blab on and on about nothing. Andy loves it. Trust me. Anyway, we’ll see how full of blab I am tonight!

Tomorrow is multicultural day at school, and all the 1st graders are representing Ireland. Aubrey’s teacher has requested they wear green. Gag. Anyway, we’ll see what we come up with in the morning as we are getting dressed. And, Aubrey (with some help) made Irish Soda Bread to share tomorrow as a snack. This is the first time we’ve ever made it, so I am hoping it’ll be good. If it’s not good, well, blame the Irish. It couldn’t be the chefs. ;-)

Anyway, we wrote down a few things about Irish Soda Bread for Aubrey to share with class. My capital ‘i’s are like lower case ‘L’s, and so Aubrey made it a point to tell me that she would want to say LLLLLrish if we didn’t clearly make the I an I. LLLLLLrish, LLLLLrish. We can’t have any of that now, can we? And, did you know that if you add raisins to soda bread it becomes “Spotted Dog?” So, technically, Aubrey is taking “Spotted Dog” to school tomorrow.

In other first grader news, we are now reading chapter books – Junie B. Jones, specifically. I am so excited. I hope Aubrey loves to read throughout her life.

In 3 year old news, Lauren’s still crazy. Her current favorite toy is a teeny tiny mermaid whose tail is broken. We call her Mermaidia. Oh, and she’s sporting a stylish purple hairdo, with quite a large bald spot right in the middle of her head. Naked Polly Pocket, who is affectionately called “Friend” is rarely far from Mermaidia’s side.

Also, Lauren has figured out the birthing process all on her own….. Daddy will use all his tools to get the baby out of Mommy. And he might cut Mommy a little. Or maybe we will use a finger, to push my belly button. Whatever the case, since Lauren is talking to her preschool friends about this, I think it’s time to have a talk about the way it really works.

Update 4/4 - the Irish Soda Bread was really tasty! We'll probably make it again, it was so easy. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love your blogs about nothing!

    ...please share the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)