Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

The Easter Bunny was smart to hide our eggs late last night - we were in the (cold) yard before 7am looking for them! That silly rabbit, though, was trying to hide our neighbors eggs this morning, so he spent a few minutes hiding in the neighbor's garage while we found ours - you know he doesn't want to be spotted!

This year the Easter Bunny went light on junk - each girl got a hula hoop, chocolate bunny, box of rainbow goldfish (a treat because Mommy thinks they are disgusting!) and a miniature growing kit. Also, though, the EB left two certificates - one for an ice cream date with Mommy Daddy, and the other for dinner out at our favorite Japanese restaurant. I am excited. And, there's no plastic easter grass in my house. Yet. The day is young, the girls may be getting easter gifts from some relatives we'll be seeing later.

Andy's singing in the cantata this morning, at all 3 church services, so he missed helping us find eggs, and we won't have a chance to hang out with him until 'brunch' at 1pm. I'm a little sad, because I so enjoy spending holidays together, but then I'm not sad, because he's singing at church this morning, which is not something I ever would've predicted when we got married.

I hope your Easter is a celebration of Jesus, and that you are able to spend some time with people that matter in your life. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know your husband could sing, that's so neat! I hope your Easter Sunday is great! (We didn't do Easter grass this year either, it's HEAVEN.).

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds fun! I think I've only met your husband once (at your wedding) ..or twice, and i just don't remember. ...but i definitely don't picture him as a singer. so that is really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)