Monday, March 23, 2009

Ahhhh

I LOVE spring. This weekend I hung clothes on the line (it's like meditation to me), read while sitting outside in the sun, and drank cucumber water. Okay, I can drink cucumber water year round, but not outside. :-) I also did some yard work - not as much as I wanted, but as much as my growing belly would allow.

Saturday I went to my Tai Chi class. It's actually a combination of Tai Chi, Qi Gong and Ed Ju. Anyway, it's a very relaxing hour, and you wouldn't believe how much of a workout breathing can be.

Jaimie's "Congratulations, Your Divorce is Final!" cake was well received. :-) So was the pizza she ordered. Mmmm. Now I want pizza. Maybe I just shouldn't talk about food.

So, because I'm all over the place, this cucumber water I mentioned - just slice a cucumber and put it in a pitcher of water. If you have any lemon, one slice of lemon is a really nice touch, too. I like to keep the pitcher in the fridge - after a few hours you can taste the cucumber, and it's delicious! Still water, but more refreshing. (I put about 1 whole cucumber per gallon of water... adjust to your liking).

Tonight we've got girl scouts, which is always interesting.... I'm really hoping that the troop where we move is a bit more outdoorsy and service oriented. We're pretty tired of junky craft projects week after week. Glitter is cool and all, but girl scouting is so much more then just glitter and cookies! Fingers crossed that tonight I'll be pleasantly surprised. :-)

Oh, and one of the best parts of spring - the chickens are laying again! Not our chickens, I don't have any, but the chickens we buy eggs from - they took the winter off, and are laying again in full force. Mmmm. Farm fresh eggs are the best. Again I'm talking about food. Stop it, Rachel, stop it!

2 comments:

  1. I actually don't like cucumber water. It tastes too weird to me. But I really like farm fresh eggs, so we can still be friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never tried cucumber water. but i have tried orange water and strawberry water, and that is tasty. i don't like lemon water.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)