Wednesday, January 6, 2010

more and more and more blessings

#33 ~ Sasha's raspberry concerts, performed several times a day.

#34 ~ my car, that safely carried us 1500-ish miles in the last 16 days.

#35 ~ my sister-in-law, Dolores. I've always liked her, but getting to spend so much time with her, I really got to know her better. She does such an amazing job taking care of her family, and she helped me fold clothes. That may sound petty and inconsequential, and, in the big picture, it is. But I HATE folding laundry. HATE it. And I know hate is a strong word, but seriously, anyone who wants to fold my laundry is on my WOOHOO I LOVE YOU list, regardless of anything else they do or don't do. (psst - think Andy would fold all the laundry if he never had to do the litter box again? I think I'll find out!)

#36 ~ old friends. I was able to have breakfast with my childhood best friend, after 11 years of not seeing her. It was great. She's great. And, a peanut butter malt at Owl Cafe is part of a healthy breakfast. Right? Right?!?

#37 ~ neighbors. Our neighbors, my in-laws' neighbors, my parents' neighbors. There are some awesome neighbors out there.

#38 ~ New Year's Eve parades. Especially the homemade variety. 6 of us paraded up my parents' street, blowing horns, clanging wind chimes, puffing train whistles, and streaming homemade streamers. With a blue moon lighting the way. perfection.

#39 ~ tea parties with far away cousins, using Great Aunt Ibby's hand painted china. more perfection.

#40 ~ Grandma Marg's piano sitting in my mom's living room, being gently (and not so gently) pounded on. And, my mom's beautiful piano playing amid the pounding. pa-rum-pum-pum-BANG-rum-pum-BLAM-pum-BANGBANGBANG

#41 ~ my camera.

1 comment:

  1. yes, a peanut butter malt IS part of a healthy breakfast!

    i'm sad we just missed each other when i was in NM. ...hopefully next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)