Friday, October 30, 2009

could you send a little prayer may way?

My Grandma Marg is in the hospital. It's not too serious, but enough things have happened recently, that Sasha and I are headed out in the morning. My sister will be there, too. To hopefully ease the burden on my Aunt and Uncle that have been shouldering this load, and to push for some changes that would make life easier for my Grandma and her siblings that live next door. It's going to be an intense week.

Unless things turn out to be really bad, I'm staying for less than a week. We've done this before, Andy stays home, I drop everything to go to a sick relative. I'm so glad I am able to do it, but I feel like there is a hole in my chest right now. Last time we did this was before I got pregnant with Lauren. Aubrey and I got one-way tickets to Albuquerque because we didn't know how long we'd need to be there. 6 weeks was the magic number. And it was awful for me, being away from Andy for so long. Worse for him, being away from me and his daughter. Coming home everyday to an empty house. At least this time Aubrey and Lauren are staying with him. And, too, at least this time I know we'll be returning soon. But still, there's an aching hole in my chest, where my heart is.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry. Illness in the family is always so hard. I really hope your grandma will be okay and that everything will work out. I'll definitely send a few prayers your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing that you are able to go out there and help out, but I completely understand that aching in your chest when you know you aren't going to be seeing your family for awhile.

    Praying everything goes smoothly with the changes for your Grandma and that she heals quickly from her illness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)