Sunday, October 11, 2009

define it

I've been following the Nester with her October Challenge this month - "31 Days to a Better Dressed Nest" - and one of the challenges is to define our space with words. What we want our home to be. Instead of grabbing a pen and paper, I'll share it here:

~peaceful
~welcoming to all
~comfortable
~safe
~the place my girls' friends want to hang out
~open
~uncluttered
~enchanting
~authentic

And, for the record, I am not doing every challenge, and obviously, I am not doing them each on the day they are 'assigned.' I'm doing what fits with our family, as it fits. Because, really, I am not going to paint anything today (or next week or next month). Though I could paint the dog's nails, because she does like that, but I don't think that's quite in the spirit of the challenge, anyway. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I like that "challenge", I have to been in the mood for painting though, it's such a drawn out process.

    LOL at painting the dogs nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your list, especially the peaceful, safe, and place where the friends want to hang out part.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)