Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Daddy

My parents were just here for a week, and we were busy not being on the computer, so I've got to play catch up on my blessings!

#4 I knew on their second day here that my dad would be my next blessing. :-)

Sasha loves being read to, so Buddy Tomm (that's what the girls call him) sat in the recliner and read. And read. And read. Never once did he tell her no.

He always tells me he's proud of me, and that's so nice to hear.

He loves that I stay home with the girls, and to help us do that, he buys my gas.

He has such a positive attitude and outlook, which is amazing considering the way he was treated by his father.

He was a police officer and otherwise involved in law enforcement throughout my childhood. With all the crap he's seen, he is still always smiling and assuming that each person is good unless they've given him reason to think otherwise.

His world is full of friends he hasn't yet made, there are no strangers. (Lauren seems to have inherited this trait, btw.)


(this is what much of their week here looked like, but with Sasha awake)

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! One of the things I miss out on with such a big family is that my parents have 23 grandkids. These moments are very few when my parents visit because there are just too many of us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)