Monday, October 10, 2011

Today

Today I am feeling very pregnant. And I hurt. And I am wishing it was November 10 instead of October 10.

Today there's no school, so we are a house full of laziness.

Today I want to make these. Thank you, pinterest. :-) Perfect timing, as last night Andy used the last dryer sheet.

Today is cloudy and muggy. And the yard is super muddy from all the rain this weekend. I've never been happier to have such a muddy backyard.

Today we are having baked cod for dinner. Whenever we have cod, I think about childhood Christmas Eve's - oyster stew (disgusting!), codfish gravy on baked potatoes (delicious - though it sounds disgusting!), hoska (our family Christmas bread), huge cans of black olives, pickled beets, enchilada casserole, and my Grandma Ruthie and Aunt Ibby.

3 comments:

  1. so i haven't made the time to check out pinterest. i went to the site once decided i didn't have the time or energy to figure it out. so tell me, what is pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister is due with #5 on November 11th, you guys are in the same pain boat. Ouch!

    We always had cod as kids--the only kind of fish I ever had 'til I was like 16. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved those Christmas Eves at Ibby's. I did not like much, or any, of the food. Okay, the potatoes!!!!! I miss her and Ruthie all the time - still pick up the phone occasionally to call Ruthie to tell her something funny about my day. Every time I call Alyce I hear both of them in her voice. Jon's and my first date was Christmas Eve 1973 - he picked me up to go to midnight mass after dinner at Ibby's. Lots of memories. Red carpet. Tiny tea sets.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)