Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tree Huggin' Tuesday

gift wrapping
some of the gifts we are giving this year are going in reusable grocery bags.

most stores seem to have their own logo on affordable bags, and there are also some cute, cute ones out there.

I got one with the UNM Lobos logo on it, for my mother-in-law's UNM sweatshirt. And I got a cute one from Petsmart for Andy's work gift exchange (no pets in that bag, but a popcorn bowl, bag of kettlecorn and board game).

Michael's has some cute ones. I know because I've walked past them each of the 3,642 times I've been to Michael's the past two weeks. :-)

The presentation is very different, and I won't be wrapping every gift in reusable bags, but if using gift bags is your M.O., then switching a few paper ones for cloth would be an easy switch. And, unless you have a basement full of old gift bags (reusing those is, of course, super green), the cost will be comparable - maybe even more affordable for the cloth bags!

Happy Wrappin',
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! I think I'll do that for my mom because she is all about using cloth for shopping. I mostly reuse paper bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. question: what is "greener", wrapping gifts in wrapping paper, or bags?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)