Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tree Huggin' Tuesday

Cleaning Supplies

My favorite cleaning supplies are baking soda and vinegar. If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you probably aren't suprised. :-) This started mostly because the chemical smell of commercial cleaning products induces headaches and drives me mad, but, coincidentally, it's the greener option, as well. Fewer chemicals being washed down the drain to mess with water-living creatures and plants = one happy Mama Earth.

A spray bottle with diluted vinegar does great work on windows, counters, bathtubs (any hard surface), baking soda is great for scrubbing grime and gook, as well as eliminating odors.

Happy Huggin'
Rachel

(ps - sorry I didn't post last week, I have no good excuse)

2 comments:

  1. i'll have to give that baking soda a try! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many parts vinegar to water? I can't bear the smell of vinegar and I would probably dilute it too much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)