Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Oh, she's a crazy smart silly goofy thing

Sasha LOVES apples, doesn't love apple skin. I rarely give her a peeled apple, as I figure she'll get used to the peel and eventually eat it. (the peel is packed full of good-for-you, I want her to eat it!)

She has learned that the dogs will eat anything she drops. Anything. So, she nibbles her peel off her apple, drops it on the floor, and the dogs swoop in and eat the peel before she has a bite of naked apple in her mouth. This system works for them, and means I'm not picking up apple skin bits, but dangit, eat your peel, Sasha!

Also, she recently taught Andy how to play fetch, with her playing the role of the dog. Hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. all of my kids had aversions to apple peels, plus they scared me (choking risk, Vance choked on a pretzel when he was 16 mths old, it went flying across the room after I put my NICU training to work and flew him over my arm and slammed his back but even before that I have always had a major phobia of choking. When we ate hot dogs I would cut them into circles and then I would cut the circles into 4 triangles....and I did that until they were 5 yrs old) They all love apples, peel and all, now. The skin is packed with such great stuff, maybe you could either make apple sauce and keep the peel OR steam them so the peel is softer?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)