Thursday, January 6, 2011

Yes, I steal blog ideas

So, Emily, thanks for this idea. :-)

1 What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Road trip TO Wisconsin with THREE girlies.

2 Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think I did (if I could remember my resolutions, I'd tell you for sure), and yes.

3 Did anyone close to you give birth? A bunch of friends had babies.

4 Did anyone close to you die? Yes.

5 What countries did you visit? The good ole US of A.

6 What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? Patience. And some me-time.

7 What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Easter Sunday - the beginning of the end of the end of an era in my family (follow that? it was the day my Uncle Dick, the last of The Four, was found in his home, he died a few days later)

8 What was your biggest achievement of the year? Wrangling, I mean raising, 3 daughters. Still in process, but so far, so good.

9 What was your biggest failure? House work. I should just flunk out and hire a maid. As soon as my money tree spouts, that's what I'm doing!

10 Did you suffer illness or injury? Luckily, no.

11 What was the best thing you bought? White Mountain Bulgarian Yogurt. LOVE the stuff.

12 Whose behavior merited celebration? Aubrey's, Lauren's and Sasha's.

13 Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Aubrey's, Lauren's and Sasha's. ;-)

14 Where did most of your money go? bills and groceries. raw milk isn't cheap, but oh baby, is it good! (tasty AND good for you!)

15 What did you get really, really, really excited about? roadtrip to Wisconsin, Thanksgiving with the family

16 What song will always remind you of 2010? The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert

17 Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? thinner. marginally.
c) richer or poorer? umm, the same?

18 What do you wish you’d done more of? crafting

19 What do you wish you’d done less of? bitching

20 How did you spend Christmas? at home, just us. Christmas Eve we went out for Chinese buffet after church. Christmas day we made a big old turkey dinner.

21 Did you fall in love in 2010? Nope, but confirmed that when I did fall in love, I picked a winner!

22 What was your favorite TV program? The Middle

23 Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is a really strong word. But the answer is no. No one new on my Hate List. ;-)

24 What was the best book you read? The Nicholas Flamel books

25 What was your greatest musical discovery? The Band Perry. "Lord make me a rainbow, I’ll shine down on my mother. She'll know I’m safe with you when she stands under my colors..."

26 What did you want and get? a haircut

27 What did you want and not get? a Sequoia

28 What was your favorite film of this year? Kick Ass

29 What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 30, my parents came to town and Andy made his fish fry.

30 What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? a million dollars

31 How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? clean, if not wrinkle free

32 What kept you sane? deep breaths

33 Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Ellen

34 What political issue stirred you the most? a local school board thing. btw, Texas sucks in that regard.

35 Who did you miss? my sister, Colleen, Jaimie, Kim and my grandma

36 Who was the best new person you met? Judy. She's my TXBFF

37 Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. Sometimes you need to speak up. And I don't like being ignored.

38 Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
She grew up on a side of the road
Where church bells ring and strong love grows
She grew up good
She grew up slow
Like American Honey

Steady as a preacher
Free as a weed
Couldn't wait to get goin'
But wasn't quite ready to leave
So innocent, pure and sweet
American Honey

There's a wild, wild whisper
Blowin' in the wind
Callin' out my name like a long lost friend
Oh I miss those days as the years go by
Oh nothin's sweeter than summertime
And American Honey

Get caught in the race
Of this crazy life
Tryin' to be everything
Can make you lose your mind
I just want to go back in time
To American Honey, yeah

There's a wild, wild whisper
Blowin' in the wind
Callin' out my name like a long lost friend
Oh I miss those days as the years go by
Oh nothin's sweeter than summertime
And American Honey

Gone for so long now
Gotta get back to her somehow
To American Honey

Mmmm yea yea

Oh there's a wild, wild whisper
Blowin' in the wind
Callin' out my name like a long lost friend
Oh I miss those days as the years go by
Oh nothin's sweeter than summertime
And American Honey
(American Honey by Lady Antebellum)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)