Friday, January 21, 2011

Today

It's cold here. Like, don't let the geriatric cat outside 'cause he might die cold. And it's still 40' colder in Wisconsin, so I'm not complaining. Scratch that. My teeth aren't chattering as I complain. ;-)

I'm feeling very write-a-letter-ish lately, so I'm sending Great Aunt Alyce a note, and my cousin Bernard a card, and my girlies are sending notes to some Wisconsin friends.

I'm thinking about starting a blog about things my girlies say and do, for our family and friends. Mostly Lauren, because, well, she gives us the most material to work with, but it wouldn't be exclusively Lauren. And I know I share lots about the girls *when I do blog*, but I'm thinking a place just for the girls. And I'd need to make some rules, like to update it weekly or daily. Hmm, thinking about it.

Hey, I'm working on cookbooks for my niece and nephew (16 and 14), any basic, simple, beginning-cook recipes you'd like to share?

Laundry day today, and turkey dinner tonight. Awesome turkey dinner because I'm not making it. Judy's doing all the cooking, and bringing dinner to us tonight. She and her girls are joining us. Pretty sweet deal.

Sasha's been fighting a fever for a few days now. The worst part of her day is about 1am, when she's almost waking up, crying, can't get comfortable. It lasts for less than 10 minutes, so I'm not medicating her. But also, this short burst in the middle of the night is messing with mama's sleep. I may be napping today.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog idea.

    Poor Sasha. Poor mama.

    I love my orange julius recipe, super easy and fast and delish, especially for teens. on my recipe blog...too lazy to link right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's your blog(s) ...blog what you want!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)