Monday, November 1, 2010

All Saints' Day

Today I was remembering this time last year, and wanted to share with you a beautiful part of my day November 1, 2009.

I sat at m y Grandma Marg's knees, as she lay in her hospital bed, with her in and out of knowing who I was, where she was, the year, or even the decade. I held her hands and, through my tears, I said the following prayer:

Almighty God, you have knit together your elect in one communion and fellowship in the mystical body of your Son Christ our Lord: Give us grace so to follow your blessed saints in all virtuous and godly living, that we may come to those ineffable joys that you have prepared for those who truly love you; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, in glory everlasting.

When I reached the end we said, "Amen." together, then she looked up and said, "There is a light up there." In all the wandering her mind did, in and out of time and reality, her faith never wavered. How beautiful! To forget who you are, but know that He is there, waiting for you - incredible

One of my favorite days ever. One I'd re-live a thousand times if I could.

1 comment:

  1. so beautiful and so moving! what a fabulous memory to have!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)