Monday, February 23, 2009

The buns


Here are mama and her babes, just before I seperated them. I think they knew it was coming, they rarely all huddled up together like this. But, mama had a successful surgery, and one more week of recovery time for her AND papa, and they can all be reuinited. Minus 'Blacky Raisin.' The little black baby was the only boy of the babies, and also Lauren's favorite, but I really couldn't drop $110 to have him fixed, so when my friend Rika wanted a bunny and fell in love with him, it was perfect. His real name is Flubby. A combination of Chubby and Fluffy - her boys couldn't agree so a compromise was reached.
So, as it stands, the light gray one is Lauren's, and her name is Lily Lilac. Aubrey's dark gray one (I can't tell them apart in the picture) is Lucy, and the remaining dark gray I'm calling Love Bug. We'd love to find Love Bug a home, but are willing to keep her if I don't feel like she would be given a great home, you know?
Oh, and I keep not taking pictures of papa. When they're all reunited I'll get some pictures of them together. This weekend he was doing some exploring of the loving room, and sniffing at Honey's (mama) cage. They were definitely communicating with eachother. I couldn't determine if it was "Oh, I've missed you!" or "Hey, you turd, thanks for knocking me up and leaving!" We'll see how reintroduction goes next week!

3 comments:

  1. Wow- how cute! We are considering rabbits here on the farm, of course not for the cuteness factor but for raising to sell for meat.

    The photo you have shown is why I am hesitant!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)