Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2012 in 38 questions

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before? Homeschool the girls. 2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions? I find it's so easy to keep resolutions when I just don't make any. ;-) 3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No 4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes. My cousin's 6 year old daughter Morgan-Jade. It was tragic, awful, completely unexpected. I think about my cousin everyday and pray that he and his family are finding peace. 5. What countries did you visit? The good ol' U S A 6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? some girl dates 7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Labor Day weekend, it's when Morgan-Jade died. 8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? Homeschooling the girls. 9. What was your biggest failure? Homeschooling the girls. Kidding. But really, some days are TOUGH. 10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes. Stupid plantar wart on my left foot. Surgery to remove it, painful recovery, and the effing thing is back. 11. What was the best thing you bought? A tablet. I've done loads more reading, and have read more classics that I hadn't read before. 12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Aubrey's. She's shown us how mature and nurturing she is. 13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Politicians. Really, life is rarely ever black or white. Or red or blue. Stop trying to win, and do your jobs. 14. Where did most of your money go? groceries, bills 15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? 16. What song will always remind you of 2012? Blow my whistle. So bad, but I love it. 17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? Sadder, but only temporarily as we're a house full of sick right now, and everyone is on edge. b) thinner or fatter? Thinner. Thanks, nasty stomach bug! c) richer or poorer? About the same. 18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Reading to the girls. 19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Facebook, Pinterest. 20. How did you spend Christmas? We went to Andy's folks' house, and my parents came down for a day. Fun times! 21. Did you fall in love in 2012? Mmm hmm. I call him Andy. Been falling deeper and deeper in love with him for a long time now. ;-) 22. What was your favorite TV program? Eureka! 23. (question deleted) 24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No energy for hate. 25. What was the best book you read? In October I would've said Pride & Prejudice. But then I read Sky of Red Poppies. It's a toss up. Two great books. 26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Sirius XM. 27. What did you want and get? Some kickin' cowgirl boots. I'm a real Texan now, y'all. 28. What did you want and not get? A water dispenser. 29. What was your favorite film of this year? Rise of the Guardians 30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? We celebrated my 32nd birthday at Taste of Thai and I had curry. Mmmm. 31.What was one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A roadtrip to Wisconsin would've been awesome. 32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Jeans and comfort. 33. What kept you sane? Phone chats with my sister, Andy. 34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hmm, I'm not much of a celebrity fancier, but I do enjoy looking at Bradley Cooper. 35. What political issue stirred you the most? The fact that politicians seem so wrapped up in being "right" that they get hardly any work done. 36. Who did you miss? My extended family. We need some reunions. 37. Who was the best new person you met? Saba, a friend from playgroup/neighbor. She's sweet, inspiring, generous. 38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. Appreciate each day you have with the ones you love. I knew this already, but Morgan'Jade's death has been a bittersweet reminder to really, really appreciate who I've got in my life. 39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Hold on, to me as we go As we roll down this unfamiliar road And although this wave is stringing us along Just know you’re not alone Cause I’m going to make this place your home Settle down, it'll all be clear Don't pay no mind to the demons They fill you with fear The trouble it might drag you down If you get lost, you can always be found Just know you’re not alone Cause I’m going to make this place your home Settle down, it'll all be clear Don't pay no mind to the demons They fill you with fear The trouble it might drag you down If you get lost, you can always be found Just know you’re not alone Cause I’m going to make this place your home

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry for your cousin. My heart goes out to their family.

    I've loved reading classics on the Kindle too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)