Sunday, August 19, 2012

when the uncle comes to town

We've been having a fun summer, being busier than I would've liked, though I can't think of anything I wish we hadn't/weren't doing.

Uncle Eric (Andy's oldest brother) came to visit for a few days, and whoa, is he spoiling us. He's a bachelor, very patient, very kind. So his lap was rarely empty. Usually he had 2 or more girls on him/next to him/touching him/climbing on him. He read stories, listened to stories, took Andy out for a Bro's Only movie date, and joined me, two dogs, and anywhere from 2-4 girlies on daily walks.

He spoiled us, I tell you.

Also, he came bearing gifts from the in-laws. Peaches they canned (after they grew, picked, peeled, and sliced 'em, that is) and my favorite Trader Joe's treat - Sunflower Seed Butter. Oh wow, that stuff is heavenly. He also brought 2 Idaho Spuds for Andy. Well, 1 for Andy, 1 for me. But really, I said I'd like 1 so that I could let Andy have it. Every time his mom goes to Idaho, she stocks up on this candy, with plans to share with the boys. And every time, his dad sniffs out where she stashes it, and eats all but 2 or 3. She needs a better system, I think. ;-)

Also, while here in town, Eric needed to buy some stuff found at HEB. (The best grocery store in Texas, maybe in the world) Everything on that list were things Andy and I have introduced the Family to. Some local (Texas local) yummies. Makes me feel good that they like the sausages, salad dressing, bbq sauce, and salsa enough to stock up when they are here.

Also, we had a small birthday party for Sasha while Eric was here. Cute, fun, and small. Almost perfect, except we got rained away from the splash park. So we're gonna take popsicles to the splash park on Wednesday, and have a mini party then.

Hmm, I just noticed that my last 3 paragraphs all start with "Also, " Screw it, I'm tired. ;-)

Love ya,
thanks for reading my ramblings
R

1 comment:

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)