Friday, April 30, 2010

mmmmm yogurt

I love yogurt. well, today I love yogurt. it's one of those foods that I go back and forth on, because sometimes the texture just gets to me. but today I love yogurt.

have you checked out how much sugar is in a little container of yogurt, though? too much, I think. plus, well, you may guess that I don't like all the little plastic containers, either. I have issues. it's well documented.

so, my favorite treat these days starts with plain yogurt. here I can get fairly local (woohoo!) plain yogurt in a big glass (yipee!) jar. add in a spoonful of plum jam and a handful (or sometimes two) of walnuts. oh it's heavenly. and, since I control how much of what goes in, I've cut the sugar by more than half!

lauren's favorite yogurt is plain with a handful of chocolate chips. I know, chocolate chips = sugar. but, again, mama decides how many chips go in. sugar content there reduced by about half, depending on how generous I'm feeling with the chips.

the dog and cats like it plain. well, actually, they like it any way they can get it. good thing it's good for them, too?

by the way, Aubrey and Daddy are camping with girl scouts this weekend, it's yogurt for dinner tonight.

1 comment:

  1. i'm not a big yogurt fan. sometimes i get it at the grocery store b/c it is cheap and easy, and low in calories. the food plan i'm on only allows greek yogurt, which i really dislike. although yogurt with blueberries and walnuts, that does sound good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)