Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sasha Lorraine

Sasha Lorraine came into the world at 11:22pm on Saturday, August 22nd. She was born at home, and everything went perfectly, even though she beat the midwives! I delivered her on my bed, Andy was right there to rub my back through some really tough contractions, the girls were asleep in the living room, and my new friend Kim was in the other room nursing her 6 month old.

Sasha came out screaming, and has continued to show us that her lungs are in perfect working order. :-) She's nursing well, the girls are in love with their new baby sister, Andy handled everything really well considering he doesn't like birth at all, and I am so happy. Upon waking this morning to find that her sister had been born, Lauren used her most quiet voice - quite a challenge for her - to ask, "She came out?" "Does she have little baby feet? Can I see them?" "Does she have little baby hands?" Does she have ears? Oh, they are tiny." "Does she have a butt?" "Can she pick her nose with her fingers like I can pick my nose with my fingers?" "Oh. she's so tiny and cute!" Then she curled up on the corner of my pillow and watched Sasha and I sleep for a while.
It's official, we are in love.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, she's beautiful! Congratulations! I cannot believe you did it alone Rachel. I am so impressed. Beyond impressed. There's not a word for what I am. You are an amazing woman, and she is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh i am IN love!!! welcome baby girl Sasha!!! Andy is one lucky man to be around so many beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)