Monday, May 11, 2009

And we're okay....

Well, Andy's current employer took the news really, really well. His CFO jokingly told him he was an a-hole, and then Andy said "Mama ain't happy." CFO's response: "And if Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

So, as far as work is concerned, this is all my doing. Which is fine. Because it kinda is. Every once in awhile Andy gets big ideas about moving, and I always go along with it - look at apartments and homes online, research where the farmer's markets and museums are, etc. - but this time, I didn't just go along with it until the phase passed. I encouraged, pushed, pestered and, well, pretty much, I made the decision for us.

So now we get ready to pack our entire lives, pull up some roots that have gone pretty deep, shed lots of tears, and begin a new adventure. This is all very bittersweet, but there it is.

2 comments:

  1. Oh good! I'm glad it went well. Good luck in the coming weeks. Will he work for two more weeks or is he done for good now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, with all the craziness you seem calm. which is good.

    many prayers and thoughts your way for a easy move. ...not that moving is ever easy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)