Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby it's cold outside

No school today, but not because of snow. Because of extreme cold. Yup. That's right. It's too cold to go to school. 9 below, but it feels like 29 below because of the windchill. And it's expected to get colder.


Have I told you that I don't like living in Wisconsin? Well I don't. I'm glad we had this opportunity, we've made some great lifelong friends. Lots of amazing folks. And I'll never forget my first winter, when the lake froze over and people drove their trucks across it. Freaked me out. But this place is not home to us, and we are never as convinced of that fact as when they have to cancel school because it's too cold.


So we are hunkered down inside today, afraid to even open the curtains as that will let even more of the cold in. Praying that our ancient furnace will keep cranking away. And fantasizing about our anticipated spring-time move south. New Mexico or Texas. There is actually a possibility in Seattle, too, but I don't know that I am that desperate to leave Wisconsin for Seattle. (I love to visit Seattle, but I am afraid that if we were to move there, even "temporarily" we would end up in that sun-less climate ~ still too far away from those we long to be near ~ for far longer than I can stand.)

I hope that you are staying warm today!

2 comments:

  1. Freezing cold weather, not my thing. Though I don't escape it much living in Ohio! Texas sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. brr that is cold! I hope you stay warm.

    And I hope you get to come home soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :-)